Web Genie Shopping Cart Professional
is an e-commerce shopping cart development tool.
Shopping Cart software enables e-commerce applications to be implemented without the need for any programming staff. It is a true DIY system that is fast, simple and intuitive to use. In nuts and bolts terms, it provides the essential building blocks that will enable you to easily incorporate:
- An unlimited number of products spread across unlimited number of catalogs.
- Dynamic catalogs and cascading style menus that will help customers elegantly and easily “drill down” into product categories and sub categories of their choice.
- Facilities so that customers can simply select from an extensive range of product options.
- Selective pricing that is based on customer chosen product options. In other words, buyers can use the system to “custom build" an order.
- All of the pricing, discount, tax and delivery options that you want your online store to have.
Functionally, Shopping Cart Professional uses selectable templates to tailor make your shopping cart catalogs and to input all of the data that these need to contain.
Importantly too, WebGenie Shopping Cart software lets you readily modify and update your catalogs, at any time and with minimum effort.
The system also uses editable templates to create the required CGI (Common Gateway Interface) generated dynamic pages. This lets you generate catalogs "on the fly" by using product details residing on the server. When product details change you need only upload the data file. Similarly, to change the looks of all catalog pages you can upload a new template.
- Full payment details being mailed to a designated email address for off-line processing.
- Payment details being stored on the server with encryption.
- Use of a payment gateway, including iTransact, Paymate, Verisign, WorldPay, CCNow, PayPal and many more.
- Platform: Windows XP or higher for the software. Any UNIX or Windows based server for the website.
- Web server: Apache or IIS with cgi-bin facility (if residing the CGI on own server) and perl.exe
- Mail server: Own SMTP server is preferable but if not available, the CGI will use WebGenie's server.
- FTP client: Your favorite FTP client software (e.g. WS_FTP or CuteFTP) can be used to transfer the files.
- Mail reader: Your own mail client (e.g. OutLook, Eudora, etc.). No mail client is provided within the program.
- Web browser: Use your favorite browser (e.g. Internet Exporer, NetScape, etc.) or the inbuilt web browser within the program – used to quickly test the catalogs.
- Product data: The product data is to be maintained as an Excel sheet – a sample file is included with the program. Microsoft Office needed to view and edit this file.
- HTML editor: The catalogs generated by the program are in standard HTML and can be edited with your favorite HTML editor (e.g. FrontPage, Dreamweaver, etc.). Care must be taken not to remove some hidden tags in the templates that the CGI uses.